Since the movie just came out, I thought I’d add my review to the mix of ones out there. Is it worth the hype?
It’s advice you hear over and over and over again…
It’s Friday, and this supposed hurricane seems to be petering out, so there’s two bits of good news right there. I’m off to a wedding reception this weekend–my cousin’s, the same one who got married in a secret surprise ceremony in Key West. Now they’re celebrating in Jersey with the rest of our (very large) extended family and I can’t wait.
Here are three things that made my week.
1. Now that I live in an apartment that’s three times the size of my former one, I’m finally able to start decorating it like the apartments of my dreams. The only problems is I have no idea where to start. I’ve recently discovered this blog, which is just filled with tips for beautiful, simple apartment life and it’s become a daily read.
2. I know I’ve linked to this before, but if you’re not following Humans of New York, you really need to be. Especially this week.
3. A punctuation self-test. Not to brag, but I aced it.
Reading: This, the sequel to this, which I wrote about this week. So far I’m enjoying it nearly as much as the first–tons of tension, first-rate character development, beautiful writing–yet it keeps getting weirder and weirder. There’s nothing wrong with that, I just hope it resolves some of the questions it poses at some point. That would be nice.
Watching: Still nothing. My boyfriend and I purchased our first dining room table this week (!) so we’re eating dinner there instead of at the coffee table in front of the TV. An amazing thing I’ve discovered–we have a much nicer dinner sitting across from each other with the TV off than we had both staring at a screen.
Listening To: The Gaslight Anthem Pandora station is near perfection.
Lovely image found here
So I know this might seem counterproductive, but one of the biggest things I’ve learned in the 5+ years I’ve been writing is…
I love this time of year. I love the leaves falling and the jacket weather and the hot toddys and the sense of nostalgia and comfort this season always brings.
Here are three things that made my week:
1. I FINISHED THE SECOND DRAFT OF MY BOOK. I really didn’t think I would make it for a little while there. BUT I DID IT. Now I will set it aside and try and forget about it for at least three months. AND IN THAT TIME I GET TO START WRITING A NEW BOOK :D
2. A friend of mine is living the dream: quitting his job, buying a one-way ticket, and traveling indefinitely. Hey, jealousy! Follow his adventures here!
3. This Tumblr is amazing for all of those who are in love with this current season (such as myself.)
Reading: THE GREATEST BOOK EVER. Seriously. Do you ever pick up a book and think, hmmm, this author clearly is writing directly to me? It’s about Welsh legends (which I’ve had a strange affinity for ever since reading this book as a child), prep school boys, family drama, and magic–and it’s beautifully written. I’m reading it every spare minute I have and at the same time, dreading its ending, because I am loving it so, so much. Fortunately for me it has two books which come after it :D
Watching: Nothing, because I’ve been busy reading and writing.
Listening to: The Bouncing Souls. They’re amazing. Why has no one told me about them before?
Gorgeous photo found here